A Lead Programmer is responsible for managing the programming team and creating products that meet our customer's needs. These responsibilities include understanding the design and goals of the project, creating solutions and requirements to meet those, turning those requirements into tasks, and scheduling and completing those tasks. The position may require client support or visits.
A Lead Programmer is responsible for the following tasks:
- Hiring, directing, and evaluating the programming team
- Enforce code standards and review task and milestones
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the project's goals and design
- Work with the designers and producers to articulate product needs and develop solutions with them
- Develop and maintain system code
- Develop and enhance libraries and tools
- Architect and implement systems, including game components, AI systems, and rendering engines.
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of game development and commercial program lifecycles and processes
- Ability to architect and create mission-critical systems and enhancements thereto in an efficient but thorough fashion
- Have an in-depth knowledge of multiple game systems, including but not limited to: networking, DirectX, physics, particle systems, character skeletons, image manipulation, scripting languages, kinematics, and database manipulation.
- Coordinate with Producer, Account Manager, and team leads to assure on-time and quality delivery of product.
- Ability to organize large-scale projects, define task allocations for technical production team, assign tasks, report and track team progress
- Excellent leadership skills and mentoring capability
- Proven knowledge of real-time simulation systems and techniques
- Strong 3D math and computer graphics experience
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- 8+ years in the games industry or experience architecting simulation and 3D visualization systems
- Must have successfully shipped at least 1 product as a lead programmer
- A strong desire to apply game-based technologies in the Serious Games market space
- A strong desire to expand learning about simulation practices, methodologies, and terminology as they apply to the product
- Current Security Clearance
- Knowledge of DoD simulation practices and systems
- Advanced Degree(s) in related field(s)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
10150 York Road , suite 250
Hunt Valley, MD 21030