BreakAway has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated lead software engineer to help setup and lead a qualified team of programmers on an innovative game-based medical simulation product at our new Corpus Christi Texas studio. As a founding member, you will be will be responsible for setting quality standards and engineering procedures necessary for the timely release of the product.
BreakAway Games offers a generous compensation package which includes, health, dental, vision and 401(k) participation. Free drinks and health club membership are perks we gladly offer all of our employees.
- Apply experience in game development to lead a team of programmers to guarantee on-time and quality delivery of project requirements.
- Establish product architecture and toolset requirements.
- Provide input to other disciplines on the practicality of initial and ongoing design goals.
- Facilitate effective communications between technical staff, subject matter experts (SME's), Art Director, and Project Manager.
- Coordinate and motivate technical resources to achieve a level of quality and innovation throughout the project life cycle.
- Help identify areas of risk and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Work hand-in-hand with Project Manager and Art Director to create schedules and milestone deliverables for the team.
- Provide direct leadership for a group of 5+ software engineers.
- Develop architecture and design software systems for the projects simulation engine and 3D visual interface.
- Proven understanding of game development lifecycle and process from concept to delivery.
- Ability to organize large-scale projects, define task allocations for technical production team, assign tasks, report and track team progress.
- Interface with customer as required, ability to communicate with team members and management.
- Excellent leadership skills and mentoring capability.
- Proven ability to architect high-level complex software systems.
- Proven knowledge of real-time simulation systems and techniques.
- Knowledge of new rendering techniques such as vertex and pixel shaders.
- Knowledge of 3D data structures for mesh animation as well as generalized animation techniques.
- Strong 3D math and computer graphics experience.
- Solid C/C++ knowledge.
- Experience optimizing code.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years in the games industry or experience architecting simulation and 3D visualization systems.
- Must have successfully shipped at least 1 product as a lead programmer.
- A strong desire to apply game-based technologies in the Serious Games market space.
- A strong desire to expand learning about medical practices, methodologies, and terminology as they apply to the product.
Email : email@example.com
Or mail to:
10150 York Road , suite 250
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Attn: Programming Manager